OUR VISION: BUILDING FAITH, FAMILIES AND FRIENDS
Building Faith: On an individual level, our journey of faith is very personal with our own unique moments where God reveals His character and purpose. Regardless of what stage of life someone is in when faith is either being investigated or actually begins, Christ’s Chapel is intentional in creating a pathway where growth in Christ occurs. Our goal is to connect the personal and public components of faith with genuineness and consistency, and to show compassion for every person who attends this church.
On a community and world scale, it is the vision of our church to reach our neighborhoods, communities, and the nations of the world with the gospel of Jesus Christ. Fulfilling the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20) on an individual and congregational level is the inspiration and motivation of who we are and what we do.
Building Families: Families come in various shapes and sizes. At Christ’s Chapel a single mom and a divorced man are as valued as a traditional couple with children or a senior citizen. Strengthening all families is a primary goal. Our vision includes assisting and encouraging married couples in their journey as well as celebrating singleness for those that walk that path.
Also, since we are one united family of faith, it is imperative that we provide excellence of care and ministry for our children, our young people and our seniors. Since God has designed and described the local church as family, every intention is put in place to provide a loving community that places an emphasis on trust, integrity, transparency and care.
Building Friends: The creation of safe and genuine relationships is a treasure for most people. Friends are the glue to life. Without them, church becomes difficult, work becomes drudgery, family becomes a challenge and life becomes unbearable. That is why building friends is a goal of our congregation. it is hoped from the moment a guest comes to one of our services that they will be welcomed with friendliness and hospitality. It is a primary goal to provide settings where existing friendships will be strengthened and new relationships will be formed.
OUR PURPOSE: TO BE A CHURCH WHERE PEOPLE ARE ACCEPTED AND LOVED, VALUED AND WELCOMED
People matter… all people… without exception. God’s love collapses prejudice, bias, and the things that often divide and separate. Christ’s Chapel welcomes the hurting and struggling as openly as those with wholeness and stability… genuinely celebrating everyone as a person of value.
OUR CORE VALUES
Character defines a person… and a church. Although readily admitting our efforts fall short of our goals, these ‘character traits’ define our heart to live honorably and to treat others with respect at all times… detailing the attitudes we strive to live out in the work place, congregation we serve, and community we live in.
1. Connection: Community Requires Intentionality
2. Discipleship: Becoming and Making Christ Followers is Priority
3. Faithful: You Can Depend on Us
4. Fun: Let’s Enjoy Life and Laugh Often
5. Generous: We Aim to be Givers More Than Takers
6. Genuine: What You See is Who We Are
7. Hard Working: Faith Without Works is Dead
8. Honest: We Promise to Always Tell the Truth
9. Kind: Our Hope is to Always Show We Care
10. Loving: The Great Commandment (Mark 12:30-31) is Celebrated
11. Loyal: Everyone Needs Friends that Remains Friends
12. Prayerful: We Love Enough to Present Your Needs and Concerns to God
13. Safe: Creating a Secure Environment for Adults and Children at Every Gathering
14. Self-Evaluation: Our Goal is to Always Improve Who We Are and What We Do
15. Serving: We Discover Our Ministry Gifts by Investing in Others
What We Believe
1. The Bible is Inspired by God: We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God. It is accurate, authoritative and applicable to our everyday lives.
2. There is only One True God: We believe there is only ‘One True God’ who is the Creator of all things. He exists in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. He is totally loving and completely holy.
3. Jesus Christ is the Son of God and Savior of the World: We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God and Savior of the world. That only he can reconcile us to God. Jesus lived a sinless life, died on the cross in our place, and rose again to prove his victor and empower us for life.
4. Man was Created Good by God but because of Sin was Separated from God:
We believe man was created good by God but because of sin was separated from God… and his purpose for our lives.
5. Salvation is Received Through Repentance Toward God and Faith Toward Jesus Christ: We believe salvation is received through repentance toward God and faith toward Jesus Christ, followed by a submission to his will for our lives.
6. Water Baptism and Communion are Two Ordinances in the Local Church: We believe that in order to live the holy and fruitful life that God intends for us, we need to be baptized in water and filled with the power of the Holy Spirit. We also believe Holy Communion symbolize the life sacrificed by Jesus Christ… and should be celebrated regularly in the life of a believer.
7. Sanctification is a Personal Journey with God whereby a Follower of Christ Seeks to Live a Godly Life by the Power of the Holy Spirit: We believe sanctification (a life set apart for God’s service) is a personal journey with God whereby a follower of Jesus seeks to live a godly life by obedience to the scriptures and the power of the Holy Spirit.
8. The Mission of the Local Church is Worship, Evangelism, Discipleship and Compassion: We believe loving God and telling others about God, along with growing in our relationship with Jesus and extending healing to our world is the mission of every local church.
9. Jesus Christ will Return to Establish the Kingdom of God Upon the Earth: We believe in the second coming of Jesus Christ… the true hope for the ‘Church’ and the ‘World’.
10. All Humankind is Eternal and Are Personally Accountable to God: We believe that our lives are ultimately responsible to the God that created us.