VISION - VALUES - BELIEFS
Our Vision is to Building Faith, Families and Friends by being a church where people are accepted and loved. Our desire is that the unconditional grace of God be expressed in word and deed, in ways designed to help everyone feel valued and welcomed.
People matter… all people… without exception. God’s love collapses prejudice, bias, and the things that often divide and separate. Christ’s Chapel welcomes the hurting and struggling as openly as those with wholeness and stability… genuinely celebrating everyone as a person of value.
Our Core Values
WE VALUE LOVING GOD.Therefore, our heart is to genuinely worship God and that the truth of His Nature and Word is presented without compromise, offering genuine hope and guidance to those that will hear.
WE VALUE CONNECTION. Connection within a community requires intentionality… a shared vision… a lifestyle consistent with biblical values… and a spiritual family willing to example genuine faith with one another and a witness to our community.
WE VALUE DISCIPLESHIP.Therefore, our hope is that people feel safe and inspired during our services and within our church family to seek a personal and developing relationship with Jesus.
WE VALUE SERVING.Therefore, a standard of excellence and care is the gauge of self-evaluation that always seeks to improve the way we love and serve others.
WE VALUE OTHERS.The Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20) and the Great Commandment (Mark 12:30-31) are universal foundations of the Christian faith, personalized individually and practiced corporately as a church family.
What We Believe
1. The Bible is Inspired by God: We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God. It is accurate, authoritative and applicable to our everyday lives.
2. There is only One True God: We believe there is only ‘One True God’ who is the Creator of all things. He exists in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. He is totally loving and completely holy.
3. Jesus Christ is the Son of God and Savior of the World: We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God and Savior of the world. That only he can reconcile us to God. Jesus lived a sinless life, died on the cross in our place, and rose again to prove his victor and empower us for life.
4. Man was Created Good by God but because of Sin was Separated from God:
We believe man was created good by God but because of sin was separated from God… and his purpose for our lives.
5. Salvation is Received Through Repentance Toward God and Faith Toward Jesus Christ: We believe salvation is received through repentance toward God and faith toward Jesus Christ, followed by a submission to his will for our lives.
6. Water Baptism and Communion are Two Ordinances in the Local Church: We believe that in order to live the holy and fruitful life that God intends for us, we need to be baptized in water and filled with the power of the Holy Spirit. We also believe Holy Communion symbolize the life sacrificed by Jesus Christ… and should be celebrated regularly in the life of a believer.
7. Sanctification is a Personal Journey with God whereby a Follower of Christ Seeks to Live a Godly Life by the Power of the Holy Spirit: We believe sanctification (a life set apart for God’s service) is a personal journey with God whereby a follower of Jesus seeks to live a godly life by obedience to the scriptures and the power of the Holy Spirit.
8. The Mission of the Local Church is Worship, Evangelism, Discipleship and Compassion: We believe loving God and telling others about God, along with growing in our relationship with Jesus and extending healing to our world is the mission of every local church.
9. Jesus Christ will Return to Establish the Kingdom of God Upon the Earth: We believe in the second coming of Jesus Christ… the true hope for the ‘Church’ and the ‘World’.
10. All Humankind is Eternal and Are Personally Accountable to God: We believe that our lives are ultimately responsible to the God that created us.